• Gathering: personal reports of the past period and the Act part (commitments) of the previous meeting.
• Prayer: each guideline offers relevant opening prayers, Bible passages and thoughts for short reflection for each meeting. Prayer can be started and closed with a hymn.
• Sharing: the main part of the meeting (usually 90 to 120 minutes)
• Orientation: the topic is introduced by a passage read out
• Observe: general sharing based on questions read out
one by one. It important that each person can tell his/her
experiences regarding each question.
• Judge: the related experiences are examined in the light of
the Gospel. Evaluation is based on the Catechism of the
• Act: it is important that discoveries inspire actions. With each
topic, CFM guidelines offer practical ideas, but anyone can
make his/her own commitments.
• Closing prayer: the „formal” part of the meeting is closed with a prayer.
• Informal time: discussion of actual practical questions, agape.